The Agonies of Satan (part 4)


He only had to make love to me for him to die.
"Nneka, how can you be a Catholic yet say you are born-again?" I knew he
found it difficult to call me by my name but I had expressly forbade him from
calling me boss or Madame since we began dating three months ago. I was
just 27 years old and he was 30 so it was easy for us to relate as equals.
"What are you implying? Are you saying Catholics can't be good Christians?"
I replied him.
I wasn't even a Christian and had never stepped foot in the Roman Catholic
Church or any other Church for the past nine years when my parents died but
three months ago, in one of our first informal outings, Eric had started again
with his God-talk and when he asked me if I was born-again I said yes. When
he went further to ask me which Church I attended, the Roman Catholic
Church had come readily to mind.
"No not that, of course there are good Christians amongst the Catholic faith
just like in any other church but Born-Again Christians don't believe in
praying to Mary."
"What is wrong in saying a few prayers to the queen of heaven?"
"Please don't make me laugh Nneka," Eric said, "Who made Mary the queen
of heaven?"
"As the mother of..."
"Ha, please spare me that mother of God talk," He said, cutting me short.
"I wasn't going to say she was the mother of God, I had wanted to say mother
of God's only begotten son."
Wow! I couldn't believe I was here defending my arch rival. If it wasn't for the
Grand Foe and this idiot seated opposite me, I would have not only been
queen but the mother of the son also. I hated this idiot.
"Well, other Catholics say she is the mother of God."
"She can't be the mother of God but she is the queen of heaven," I said
forcefully.
"What's the difference? Whoever is the mother of Jesus Christ is automatically
the mother of God or don't you believe that Jesus is God?"
"No He is not God," I said
"Yes He is," Eric said
"I'm absolutely certain of what I’m saying; He is not God."
"What do you mean you are absolutely certain?" Eric asked, "Have you been
to heaven before?"
I laughed, "Don't be ridiculous," And he also started laughing; if only he knew.
Wow! That was a silly slip; I had to be more careful. These Christians were
just so daft. If the Grand Foe was God not a single Christian hair will be hurt
by us or didn't they know that? In short, even none Christians would have been
saved by Him too because that damned Grand Foe was too bias, but he wasn't
God and have not been given the authority of Judgement yet; He will get that
on the Last Day. Though His Father loves Him so much and granted him all
things, THE ONE still kept just one symbol of authority away from Him: the
date of Judgement Day. Only THE ONE knew the date and had the authority
to call it into being. No one not even the Grand Foe knew the date or had the
authority to commence it. It was only THE ONE who knew.
I held his hands across the table and said, "Do you know you bring out the best
in me dear?" We were having dinner at the Pent House restaurant of The
Dunes close to Agip Headquarters in the boundary between Maitama and
Wuse 2 Abuja. Eric has been working with me now for nine months at
Lucifirm Incorporated and we have been dating regularly for three months but
he has not even as much as kiss me or attempt to.
He smiled.
"I feel so complete with you but I don't understand why you seem to be
reluctant about us?" I continued in my best soulful tone.
"I’m not holding back dear," He said, "I have not heard anything from God
about us, and besides I don't want anyone to think my interest in you is
because of your wealth."
"Have I ever said or implied you were interested in me because of my money?
Just say you do not like me or find me attractive," I said.
"I like you a whole lot Nneka; my heart pants for you and I don't understand
why because that has never happened to me before but the truth remains that
you are an extremely wealthy lady."
I smiled, we were getting close, "But why haven't you heard anything about us
from God?"
"I think it's because you are not the one God plans for me to marry. He
actually told me that my wife is not a Christian but a dangerous and devilish
woman.”
My heart skipped a beat.
"Don't laugh at this but God actually told me that my wife to be is Lucifer's
bride and that I will be the one to lead her to redemption."
I almost said 'not Lucifer but Satan' when I felt a sharp and painful poke on
my back. It was Zat-An Astaroth. What in Hell's fury was he doing here? Has
he forgotten what Lucifer and Satan commanded?
"Labadoche rahma espiritus invictus sanctum," Eric intoned suddenly in a
strange tongue, "Let’s leave here dear, I feel a strong and powerful satanic
presence here," He added.
"AcuraRhamaMazda," I said in low tone like one also speaking in tongues but
I was actually dismissing Zat-An Astaroth, "I felt it too but not as powerfully
as you did dear," I said out loud to him, "Yes let’s leave."
We paid, stepped out and left the restaurant.

***

"Why did you do that?" I asked angrily, "He sensed you Zat-An Astaroth. You
almost jeopardized the whole operation."
I was just checking up on you my queen, and it was timely, you almost made a
slip."
"If you ever come close to me or even be anywhere around whenever am with
Eric, I will report you to the Council of Six. I can take care of myself; I wasn't
going to make that slip," I said still fuming.
"I’m sorry my queen," Zat-An Astaroth said, bowing in obeisance, "Please
forgive me and don't take it before the Council of Six."
I grumbled, "Seth!" I called.
"I appear before you, O' queen of seekers."
"What is the report on the assignment I sent you?"
"You said I shouldn't kill her my queen or else she will be dead now. I made
her crash her car into a parked lorry; collected enough blood but not too much
to kill her. She is presently in the hospital."
"Bring her blood to me; I want to have it with my meal. Next time when she
sees people on the street she will be more courteous and respectful."

***

Prayer was food to my soul. I prayed at all time and the Lord always answered
me but regarding Nneka, the Lord has been mute. I wanted to understand what
I felt for her and why I felt it since the Lord said I will be marrying the queen
of demons. So why was I feeling so drawn and enamoured by Nneka?
Of course Nneka Lucy Akubueze could not have been the one the Lord was
referring to. She was a born-again Christian though a Catholic. She was quite
vast in scriptural things. I have never met anyone who knew the scriptures as
much as I do until I met Nneka. I could recite the entire Bible - in five versions
- from Genesis to Revelation without missing a single verse or word and so
could Nneka. In short, Nneka could recite it in seven versions.
It was a girl like Nneka the Lord should have given to me; a strong born-again
Christian who had the passion and zeal to serve God. Together, I and Nneka as
couples will be able to use her wealth to propagate and advance the gospel of
Christ and Kingdom of God. The only thing about her faith that I didn't like
was the fact that she was Catholic. Maybe that was why I couldn't sense the
Holy Spirit in her no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't sense anything in
Nneka; not good not evil; nothing.
She had a kind heart though and I loved the way she treated and related to her
subordinates. Nneka was unarguably the most beautiful girl I had ever seen
but she never tried to enhance her beauty. In short, it was almost as if she was
trying to conceal it, and that made her more appealing and beautiful. I wasn't
the only man that held this view.
I was in love with Nneka Lucy Akubueze.
To be continued...

Read the previous parts: part 1 | part 2 | part 3

Don't forget to share!!!

SHARE THIS

Author:

I am a somehow who is very wild and wide with imagination and ideas so I love expressing those kinds of stuff in my head through writing. I can write just about anything and everything.

Previous Post
Next Post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.